Complete Kent State Notes (.PDF)
Complete Princeton Notes (.PDF)
The first 500 people through the door will recieve a free Kent State t-shirt
Kent State (5-2) returns to the M.A.C. Center on Saturday night against Princeton (2-4) looking to extend a three game winning streak.
The Golden Flashes are coming off an 85-78 overtime win at Youngstown State on Wednesday in which seniors Randal Holt and Chris Evans combined for 45 points to give Kent State a perfect 2-0 record on the road this season. After becoming the 29th player in school history to reach 1,000 career points earlier in the game, Holt totaled seven of his 21 points in overtime. He leads the team with 19 three-pointers while shooting 41 percent from beyond the arc.
Evans engineered his second double-double in three games by racking up a career high 24 points to go along with 10 rebounds. The 6'8" forward is second in the MAC with 18.1 points per game while leading the league with 27 offensive rebounds (3.9 orpg).
Junior Melvin Tabb backed up the senior duo adding 15 points and seven rebounds off the bench after scoring a total of 25 points in the first six games combined
Princeton is coming off a 48-42 overtime loss at Wagner on Wednesday. Ian Hummer leads the team with 16.0 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. This is the first ever meeting between the two schools.
640 AM / Golden Flashes iHeartRadio (Ty Linder)
Next Up For Kent State
The Golden Flashes set off on another two game road swing at Bucknell on Tuesday at 7:00 pm
• Senior guard Randal Holt became the 29th player in school history to score 1,000 career points in the win at Youngstown State.
• Holt currently ranks 25th all-time with 1,015 points and is 5th with 177 career threes
• Kent State has eight different players averaging at least five points per game
• Kent State has out scored all seven opponents in second chance points this season averaging 18.0 points while allowing 9.7 points per game
• Kent State is averaging 80.6 points in the last five games while shooting 41.5 percent from three
• Kent State is 5-0 this season when Chris Evans leads the team in rebounding & 4-0 when he leads the team in scoring
• The Golden Flashes are averaging 40.0 points and shooting 46 percent in the second half this season. In the first half Kent State is averaging just 31.0 points
• In his three starts freshman Kellon Thomas has seven assists and zero turnovers while averaging 29.7 minutes a game
View: Mobile | Desktop
Powered by PrestoSports